Meet Christal S. Lam,
Founder and Managing Attorney
By approaching the law and her clients with the heart of a teacher, Christal makes her clients feel comfortable. She takes the time to sit down with clients, understand their situation and goals, and craft a plan with creative solutions to move them towards their goals. Her desire to find answers, solve problems, and get results makes her an attorney who gets things done.
While in law school, she was a Rule 9 Law Clerk with the Washington State Attorney General. As a result of her commitment to give back and serve the community, she was awarded the inaugural Dean’s Platinum Pro Bono Award. She was also an associate editor and Technical Editor of the Gonzaga Journal of International Law.
Christal has experience in administrative law, labor and personnel law, employment law, contracts, litigation and business law.
Christal believes business owners should have fun running their business. As the owner of Spokane Business Attorneys, she’s applied this philosophy to her own law firm.
Christal was born in Malaysia, so she loves the heat. For her, there’s nothing better than a hot day with a spicy curry. She was raised in Seattle, so she’s used to the rain and lack of sun. But, she likes Spokane because of the four seasons and the wonderful people. Depending on the season, you can find her cheering on the Zags, hanging out with friends, or skiing or snowboarding.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, JD
- Biola University, Philosophy BA
- Washington State Bar, 2013
- Spokane County Bar, 2013
- Idaho State Bar, 2014
- US District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2013
- US District Court Western District of Washington, 2013
- US District Court District of Idaho, 2014
Achievements & Experience
- Advised startups and assisted with formation and governance
- Written and argued motions in state and federal court
- Pro bono work with Spokane Volunteer Lawyers
- Mentor at Startup Weekend Spokane
- Mentor at Startup Weekend Boise
- Regular presenter at the Women’s Business Center
- Chair of the Greater Spokane Inc. B2B River Group
Hours: M-F 9am-6pm
After hours and weekend appointments available by request
Address: 421 W Riverside, Suite 665
Spokane, WA 99201